Technorati search

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What's in a name.

My name is Reg. Yes you say, easy to write down, easy to spell, No. I have on a lot of occasions been asked how my name is spelt. When I worked full time, some five or so years ago a lot of my work was telephone work, order placement and checking on order availability. I received some faxes on four different occasions with my name spelt Wredge , Redge, Rich, and best of the lot Rage. I do not know but I assume about 7 to 8 million Australians renew their Rego every year. The name Reg also seems to have a comical connotation for instance . If you watch The Bill the character Reg Hollis is often treated as not being the full quid. John Cleese played a union official in biblical times named Reg in The life of Brian, and in the television series Goodnight Sweetheart the policeman Reg is treated as having a screw loose. One well known personality was once quoted as saying "with a name like Reg Dwight I was not going to go anywhere," so he changed his name to Elton. I will excuse any Kiwi for calling me Ridge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home