Technorati search

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Spiders.


This is the second post I have put on today. To most Australians these are familiar spiders. My reason for writing about the spiders is because a lot of people that do not live in Australia have a morbid fear of the insects and snakes that we have here. My cousin rang me on sunday night from England and one of his comments was had I seen an snakes on my sons land ( They have just had a house built on acreage). We have lived in Australia now for 35 years and I will have to say I have never seen a snake around our house or anywhere close since we have been here. The closest to anything poisonous I have seen is redback spiders, these are poisonous. I uncovered one only last week in our garage a rather big female I must admit I did dispose of her but like most things if I had ignored her she would have run away from me. Perhaps the most daunting of Australian spiders is the Huntsman this is mildly toxic but it is a big spider and has the speed of a greyhound.When ever they get into our house, we usually find them on the bedroom ceiling just as we lay down to go to sleep. I say this has the speed of a greyhound but not as fast as my wife when she realises there is a spider in the room. The spiders have never seem to worry me but then perhaps up until now I have probably been a bit over confident.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home